WingedFrog

Well Known Member
With limited space in my workshop, I am wondering if there is any problem delaying the tailcone attachment until I am done with most of the work inside the fuselage like seat backs and rudder pedals etc... Seems to me also that if I have to turn the fuselage on its side to work more confortably, it's easier without the tailcone on. Any drawback to this deviation with VANs instructions order?

I left the tailcone of and did the fuel lines and brakes/rudder pedals. I attached the tail cone to fit the turtle deck and plexi so as to drill the roll bar. I have taken the tailcone of to do the interior painting.

Once the interior is painted I will attach the tailcone before starting the electrical. I haven't discovered any problem so far. I think I will leave the turtle deck skins off for as long as possible. I think I will have to fit them temporarlly while fitting the tail cone.

I had to take the pedals out to mask up for the painting. Some of the hints have suggested leaving the pedals out until after the electrical work as wires need to route over them.

I am a bit worried about my fuel lines leaking all over the electrical work.

Julian Coles 120316

I can't think of any problems you will encounter. Let's see what the pro's say. Regarding the turtle deck skins, I am ready for the inspection and just put them on. By all means, leave them off until the end. Also, you can attach the rudder pedals to the stainless steel shelf right on the workbench and slide them in over the tunnel. Little or no contorting the upper body.

Jean-Pierre,

Do a search in this forum on "empennage" - you will find some threads that have addressed this before.

John