JTJones

Well Known Member
Friend
Looking at flying from central Florida to DeKalb Peachtree KPDK to look at materials and things in Norcross, GA for a new home build at an Airpark in Florida. Anyone have any intel on tie-downs/FBOs at Peachtree?

Looking at flying from central Florida to DeKalb Peachtree KPDK to look at materials and things in Norcross, GA for a new home build at an Airpark in Florida. Anyone have any intel on tie-downs/FBOs at Peachtree?
If I *had* to go to PDK, I'd use Epps. Be aware that the Epps family sold out a year or so ago, so legacy info on that operation may (or may not) still be relevant.

If I was on your "mission" I'd go to Gwinnett County/LZU. PDK has (or can have) a ridiculous amount of traffic.

PDK is a mad house at times and costly. My sister ran the tower there and my brother Terry was killed by a jet tire there.

KFFC Falcon Field on the Southwest side Atl class B is non-towered and the home of the Falcon RV Squadron with over 60 RV's on the field . Aircraft Spruce is also there along with the Commemorative Air Force with P-51, P-63, P-47, SBD, etc. Come on down!

Reactions: Tag
Peachtree (aka PDK) can be busy but it's not that busy. Any competent pilot that knows how to fly into a tower controlled airport should have no problem. Fast movers will get the longer east parallel runway. The rest of us get the shorter west runway. Easy. From the west you can either skip over the top of Fulton County (FTY) Class D at 3500' MSL or just give 'em a call and let them know you want to transition on the north side to PDK. 2500' to 3000' work well for that.

Peachtree (aka PDK) can be busy but it's not that busy. Any competent pilot that knows how to fly into a tower controlled airport should have no problem. Fast movers will get the longer east parallel runway. The rest of us get the shorter west runway. Easy. From the west you can either skip over the top of Fulton County (FTY) Class D at 3500' MSL or just give 'em a call and let them know you want to transition on the north side to PDK. 2500' to 3000' work well for that.
Thanks everyone for your insights. We made the flight up to KPDK today. Weather was excellent and no NASA reports were required. Getting in and out was easy and all the ATC folks were very courteous. We parked at what is still more or less referred to as EPPS and everyone there was very helpful. We double dipped on the courtesy car and went out for the two hours allowed then went back to the airport for lunch at the Downwind Cafe. Then we took another two hours in the courtesy car to take care of a few more errands. The Gals at the FBO were all smiles. Got fuel hand headed home. All in all a no sweat experience.

I would also put in vote for KLZU. Keep and eye on car traffic. KLZU is nice and quiet and not under ATL class B
There are some upcoming runway closures that you should be aware of if coming to LZU in the next month or so. NOTAMs not publish completely last time I checked.