SebsRV7A

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I need to replace my mixture cable due to stickiness in its movement. I thought I could order a replacement from Spruce using the number on the cable. At least with the computer operator I spoke with, no go. She wanted the length and stroke.
Can anyone help me with the decode of the cable? It's one of the Van's Control cables (not standard length from Van's).

A1760-20-0600

Thanks!

Seb Trost
RV-7A

Control cable ordering

I just sent for my Mixture cable from AS because the longest one from Van's (50.5") was about 4" too short for my setup. So I ordered the 5' (60 in) cable. I only see part number 05-10060 (60 for 60"). AS doesn't appear to sell the A-1760 vernier cable in custom lengths.

They do; check the bottom of this page. However, it's really expensive. Sorry, I can't help you decode the numbers is ACS can't; there's no info on their site. I'm guessing you don't want to pull the old cable because you want to fly while you wait for the new one, but that may be your best bet. Then you can measure the installed cable and be sure you get the exact replacement.

Decoding cable

I was looking it up on line and couldn't find anything. At this point it think you'll need to break out the tape measure. Measure length and also measure the stroke to order what you need. I know this is obvious but I think it's the best approach.

Have you asked Van's yet? They supplied it and I think they'd know or least find out the info about it quicker. If not ask them for the manf. info and phone number to give them a call for an answer.

Last edited:
Thanks for trying - got some info from Spruce

I talked to Spruce again today - got someone more than an computer entry person...
Per the part number, it is 60" long, but he couldn't get the stroke - at least I can get that without removing the cable. I'll try to correlate that with the numbers and post it for others to file away...

Seb Trost