tomarc34

I'm New Here
Hi there

I'm not going to built for now as franklly I cannot get the balance of work young family right at this point in time. (on wish list for later)

I have seen a nice examples of a 6A and a 7A for sale and I am wanting advice on two apects:-
1. As I'm a low time pilot are these quite straight forward to transition from the PA-28 I fly ? Is one better than the other ?

2. As a 6'2" male, is the slightly less room in the 6A a problem ?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts.

Many thanks

Tomarc

Find someone and go for a ride each of them. Then decide which one you like. I prefer the 7A myself, it's a bit roomier.:)

Marshall Alexander

I'm 6'3" and the 7A fits me like a glove. I don't know about the 6A, but like many things, your body porportions can vary a lot from others so the best way to find out is to go sit in an actual cockpit.

Roomier?....Really?

Keith,

#1. For the person with average piloting skills, the transition from a PA-28 to an RV should prove a delightful, straightforward process. With relatively little experience, almost all of it piloting a C-150, I made the transition to a 6A in exactly 5 hours. The transition training and subsequent logbook entry satisfied my insurance carrier and I went on to make the maiden flight myself.

#2. Blindfolded, I doubt you could discern the airplane you were actually seated in. Both models can be a "snug" fit for stocky occupants. The slight headroom advantage in the 7 series may be cited as a "roomier" environment, but its dimensional advantage is marginal and even negated if the 7A builder opted for a plush seat treatment compared to a 6A fitted with spartan seats. The side-by-side illustrations shown below seem to hint at that.

I have flown my -6A with a 260 lb. 6' 2" passenger aboard and while possible, is not all that comfortable. Headroom was not much of an issue for my generously proportioned passenger but cockpit width certainly took on a whole new meaning for the both of us. ;)

16bj8yb.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, gives me some confidence with PA28 and C150 flying that I will transition OK. I will start to look for either 6A or 7A. Cheers

I'm 6'4" and in no way skinny. My 6A isn't flying yet, but it is far enough along my wife and I can hop in and make airplane noises. We can fit in with no problem at, our shoulders don't even touch. It takes thinner cushions, but I will fit just fine also.