Rob H

Well Known Member
My wife and I got to visit Van's a couple weeks ago. We got the tour with Ken as I was trying to decide which model to build. Originally, was thinking the RV10 to accommodate the whole family, (thank you to Rob Hickman for showing his RV10, very nice! maybe someday) but after the tour I decided on the RV12 for several reasons. Fits my mission most of the time, scouting crops and flying locally for fun, shorter build time, everything comes in the kits, light sport capable if health becomes a concern, maybe a bit easier build for a newbie. So, the next day we ordered the Emp kit and I just received delivery. Still finishing garage prep before I get started. I need to join an EAA group or talk with some local builders. I've read the endless debates on priming and need to make a decision soon so there's a plan in place, good corrosion protection that's fairly simple and not too time consuming to do. I was thinking of doing what Van's does with the Sherwin Williams product. Thanks for all the great input, this is an awesome site! Can't wait to get started.