SebsRV7A

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Aircraft Tool Supply has borescopes on sale for around $200. I've seen these in Spruce's catalogs and considered them before. Will they work okay for cylinder inspections, etc, for occasional use? They have 6 and 10mm sizes. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Seb Trost
RV-7A 340 hours
Boulder City, NV (KBVU)

Aircraft Tool Supply has borescopes on sale for around $200. I've seen these in Spruce's catalogs and considered them before. Will they work okay for cylinder inspections, etc, for occasional use? They have 6 and 10mm sizes. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Seb Trost
RV-7A 340 hours
Boulder City, NV (KBVU)

I suggest you buy one, and let me borrow it.:D

Although I just purchased it about three years ago, ( the newer digital with screens were available then) I have a fiberoptic scope purchased from NAPA. I paid over $300 for it and it's not worth the effort to bury. If you look at a screw head , you have to be directly over it. It would take a long while to find a small screw in a 6" X 6" space, and this is the sort of think I purchased it for. I tested a camera or screen type and it would serve my purpose like a dream. I had our Aerotec engines take a look at mine and they said it was normal for this type. It was their digital scope that I tried.
Ron