TerryWighs

Well Known Member
Hi All...
Anybody have experience with using deals on the external surface such as striping...etc. Will they hold up??? Suggestions on suppliers. Any suppliers that do custom work???

I've taken more decals off than put on. Paint will always look better and last longer than decals. IMHO of course, YMMV.

Decals will hold up just fine if they're applied correctly on an absolutely clean surface.

Check out www.aerographics.com. They're nice folks, specialize in airplane graphics and decals and can give you all the advice you need to do a good job. Lucky for me, they're local... right here in little 'ol Loveland, Colorado!

If you're up for the extra work, they can also do stencils for painting. That's what I'm doing for my Midget Mustang, but I can confirm that it's substantially more work!

Best regards,

Rod Woodard
Loveland, Colorado (KFNL)

I agree that graphics work very well if properly applied, and will be using them myself. Cirrus uses graphics on their aircraft; that is quite a testament. If my memory serves me correctly, they use a firm in Wisconsin called Air Graphics. Their web site is at http://www.airgraphicsllc.com/. I talked to them at OSH, and saw some of their work; like what I heard/saw. Didn't talk prices. They will ship the graphics to you for you to apply yourself, or schedule an appt for you to bring your plane to them for application.

Vinyl graphics will stay put. I applied mine soon after painting and prior to flying, so oil and dirt did not get on anything. I have a double row of 1/8" pinstripe (runs the length of the plane) that has been on for 4 years and none has loosened or peeled. Buy good products from places like the Stripeman or World Class Graphics.

Roberta