s10sakota

Well Known Member
All of the holes on these steel brackets have to be opened up just slightly to get the bolts through.

I ran a 1/4" drill bit through the holes and now they need deburred. How do I debur steel? I'd rather not use my good debur tool for this as I think the steel would dull it very quickly.

How did you guys clean up the holes on these pieces?

I've been using the same deburring tool on both alum. and steel for two RV's now and they still work great.

Counter sinking steel

In the same context. Can you use your regular CS tool to CS steel? It became an issue with the steel hinges of the RV-10 doors when I installed cover plate using CS screws. I used a drill, but angle not the same. I was concerned to ruin my CS tool.
Johan

In steel, turn the c'sink tool very slow. If you are doing a full c'sink for a flat head screw you could use a little cutting oil. After using the tool in steel you can carefully dress the cutting edge with a stone, only on the inside of the flute.

A uni bit drill is great and when you get to your Stainless steel items if you use turpentine it will lubricate great. I used This with a 2 inch hole saw to do my cabin heater and the hole saw went through like butter with hardly a burr left.
A machinist told me this.
Jack

I used a cone shaped grinding stone on a drill and it worked great. Only a few dollars too.

41V06AXAMYL._AA160_.jpg