Uh, Yeah... Big difference in the number of operation repetitions for those three(?) operations between standard build and QB.

If you mean the total amount, then yes - every rivet already done has already had all the deburring and countersinking/dimpling done. Structural formers (ribs/bulkheads) will already have been fluted. However, those operations are not completed for the parts you do. You may also find you need to flute some more on installed parts to get skins to lay just right. Edge deburring will also not be done on the parts you install though you can safely assume it's already done on the pre-built parts.

I guess I wonder what is behind the question. Do you not enjoy doing these simple but repetitive tasks? If so, then maybe you should reevaluate your commitment to building. I don't mean that in a harsh way; not everyone is a builder and you might be happier purchasing a plane already built. If you only have the building bug to a slight degree, than perhaps reworking a flying or nearly-flying RV (everyone has their own idea of ideal equipment and mods) would satisfy you better. Me, I just bought a slow-build RV-10 kit because I just can't seem to get enough of twirling that little countersink deburring tool around - who's the crazy one here? ;)

Not at all Pat. Just wanted to know if the QB kit is worth the time saving if enough time is put aside for the project. Look, it is 10 grand and I can use that for better avionics.

An estimate I've heard from several sources (could probably vary by at least an order of magnitude either way depending on who is building) is that the QB price reflects about $8/hour of build time.

Charlie

I guess it is very difficult to find out unless one actually had built both. If that estimate is close to accurate, the QB kit is worth it. For me at least.