msmst25

Well Known Member
I'm trying to think of a better way to deburr the holes on the inside of a flange. I have a right angle electric screwdriver to hold the countersink bit, but it doesn't fit. I've just been holding the bit in my hands and twisting it, but there has to be a better way. I've tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything.

... I've just been holding the bit in my hands and twisting it, but there has to be a better way. I've tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything.

Exactly how I do it.

Only take 1 to 1 and half turns. All those thin angles on the rudder and elevator need deburring. But, just barely. Its really easy to get carried away.

I bought a burraway tool.. it has a retractable blade and is really quick. The yard store sells them. They are pricey, but a great time saver. Word of caution though, they may enlarge the hole if the spring tension is too tight. Out of the package, I noticed it wanting to open the diameter, so I backed out the tension Allen screw and made the tension way softer. Practice on scrap but I think it may be the biggest time saver yet!