Lemmingman

Well Known Member
Anyone have a power tool they got that helped them with this? My conduit holes are 3/4" and my die grinder wheels are 1". If you found a Dremel bit, or some other tool that worked for you I'd love to hear about it. The prospect of elbow grease and Scotchbrite doesn't excite me.

I used the 1 inch deburring wheels/die grinder on nearly everything!

I always saved the "used" wheels when they got down to a smaller diameter for exactly tight quarters work like the conduit holes. Would have 3 or 4 partially used wheels at any time for this purpose. Nothing worked better.

Phil
Salt Lake City
RV10 FF - moving to airport

Get a larger step drill (relatively cheap ones can be found at Harbor Freight and these work fine for this application) and you can either chuck it in a drill on slow speed (be careful not to enlarge your hole!) or turn it by hand to take the burrs off.

greg

Great idea Phil. That worked just fine. I had a few of those sitting around as well. Now the insides of the hole is nice a smooth.

I'll get a larger unibit when I go out next too, I hadn't thought of that and it might be better than burning up my wheels on the outsides of the holes. Does Hobby Lobby sell those? :) My wife just asked me to go there with her.