Rosie

Well Known Member
Here Ye! Hear Ye! Whereas, in the year of our Lord 2009, Debra Mills (of Scott and Deb's EXcellent RV Adventures) and Paul "Rosie" Rosales will reach the half-century milestone, a gala is planned in Las Vegas over the Labor Day Weekend in their honor.

This extravaganza shall commence on Friday, September 4th and conclude on Monday, September 7th. Royals and peasants alike are invited to attend the festivities in the fabulous City of Sin.

Whether you arrive by RV (or other means of air transportation), train, or automobile is of no consequence — just be there!
Festivities will begin with Friday arrivals followed by a Friday night "no frills" dinner somewhere off the strip where we all can cavort, frolic and be merry.

Saturday will begin with a morning flying tour around the Las Vegas area, and continue into the late afternoon/ evening with a birthday gathering at the Boulder City Airport (61B) where boasting and lying about your RV flying adventures will be encouraged. The birthday get-together at Boulder will be casual with sandwiches & drinks provided. NO GIFTS PLEASE — your presence is enough!

Sunday morning (depending on how you’re feeling) will include a tour of Hoover Dam (from the ground), and Sunday evening will conclude with the Vegas show Blue Man Group.

Monday is your day to relax and possibly consider heading home!

You are welcome to attend any or all of these events, and we hope that you can make a weekend getaway to join us. If not us, then just come to Vegas, see Vegas and maybe join us!

Whether you opt to stay for the weekend or just fly in for the party, make your hotel arrangements first then contact (e-mail or phone) Scott & Deb Mills at 303-909-7105, or Rosie & Tuppergal at 661-256-8797 with questions/RSVPs and finalize with details.

We'll be buying the Blue Man tickets (as a group) at about a 30% discount about a week before the show so hold off on tickets.

Of course, you can post here that you have made your hotel arrangements and are coming in order to brag that you're goin' to Vegas, yo' eleven :)

We hope to see you Labor Day Weekend in Las Vegas! :D Deb & Rosie

Last edited:
Happy Half Century!

Hi Rosie,

I won't be able to make it, but I hope you have a great time!

50 down, 50 more to go! :)

Mickey

-- SNIP --
Saturday will begin with a morning flying tour around the Las Vegas area, and continue into the late afternoon/ evening with a birthday gathering at the Boulder City Airport (61B) where boasting and lying about your RV flying adventures will be encouraged. The birthday get-together at Boulder will be casual with sandwiches & drinks provided. NO GIFTS PLEASE ? your presence is enough!
-- SNIP --

The identifier for Boulder City Airport is KBVU. The old identifier is 61B. If your GPS does not have the latest database, then it may be listed as 61B.

I found this out when I flew there July 4th.

They must have just installed an AWOS.

Is there an official birthday hotel?

Last edited:
have a great time

best wishes from florida. ITS ALL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have one for us

Hotel in Vegas

Is there an official birthday hotel?

Hi Ron,

While there is no "official hotel" or group discounts for this trip, we will be staying at the Marriot Residence Inn in Henderson.

Not sure about the rates, but it appears that Las Vegas is filling up quick for the Labor Day weekend. There are lots of hotels in Vegas with varying price ranges. Find a hotel you like and join the fun for the weekend. Hope to see you there. :)

Wow! the stars aligned but I'm unable

It is a significant trip to return out west from Arkansas so we usually only make it once per year but the special sequence of events this year would make it happen again under normal circumstances. On the 6th of september my friend and RV-6A builder Ken Knowles is having a special party for his 90th birthday in Prescott, AZ; on that weekend you are having your 50th birthday celebration in Las Vegas; and on the 8th the old flight ops team is celebrating the 5th anniversary of the Genesis return at JPL in Pasadena. We will be thinking of you and wishing you all well as we nurse my wife Jeanine back to good health. Happy 50th birthday - it is indeed a very good time in life.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
See you on Saturday. Will be staying Saturday night at the Best Western Lake Mead Inn at Boulder City. I made my RESERVATIONS using the AAA rate.

Keep me posted on what time you will be flying on Saturday morning and the FREQUENCY you will be using. (My guess is you will be on Channel 3.) More than likely will not be there early enough to fly with you.

Understand that you will DRIVE from Henderson to Boulder City for the party. I am still researching a rental car.

Will be heading home on Sunday. IF you do the tour of the Hover Dam early on Sunday, may stay long enough to join the group.

Last edited:
We'll be there!!!

Two weeks and one day before our departure time but who's counting. I gotta get out of here!

I am getting an Enterprise rental car though the FBO at Boulder City. BFE is handling everything for me. Could have even got me a room at a good rate. They said that Enterprise MAY call me but so far have not.

BFE is the FBO and their number is 702-228-0455

I will fill up with fuel and for $10 more, have a hangar for the night. Additional nights are $20. Note that fuel from their truck is the SAME price as the self serve.

(Note: I am posting this as I had a voice message that I could not understand all of it including the phone number after listening to it three times. All I got from the message was friend of Paul's, two people in an RV-4, and Rental Car in Boulder City.)

Last edited:
We can't wait. Tanya and I are flying out to BVU Wednesday, 22C will be in the hangar all weekend when not flying. We're taking in a show on Thursday, have studied and and are going to go fly the Grand Canyon special airspace on Friday morning, going to tag along for a gaggle scenic flight on Saturday, and headed home on Sunday. Oh, yeah, I hear there is a party too :).

What is the planned area tour?

From Rosie: Finalizing it now but will include Hoover Dam, Lake Mohave, Lake Mead, Valley of Fire and more ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Runway Closure

Please Note:

From Weathermeister for Boulder City (BVU)

Runway 9L/27R Closed. Effective Immediately Until Further Notice. Created: 15 JUL 14:40 2009

Runway 9R/27L Closed. Effective Immediately Until 01 SEP 13:00 2009. Created: 24 AUG 03:46 2009

Runway 15/33 remains open.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator: