RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Okay folks, need some help finding a DB9 panel mount connector. I have searched for an hour with no luck. Some of you have "the gift," of being able to find things.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to mount some db-9's to a panel. One side is fixed to the panel the other side is connected and fastened to the fixed piece. Crimp style.

I worked last night and am tired. Probably the issue:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!!!

SteinAir has several different styles of DBxx connectors. A huge enventory of everything can be found at Mouser or DigiKey. And there is always Radio Shack.

Typically you just take a standard old DB connector and install it into a panel with a set of standoff's like these: http://steinair.com/storedetail.cfm?productid=588

or something like that (so you can screw the mating connector on it). You can also use something like a gender changer, but overall either way will work fine.

Cheers,
Stein

P.S., that'll only cost you 1/4 bag of KettleKorn! :)

If you want to be exact, these are the dimensions for the panel cut-out -

DB9.gif

Steinair

The accessories listed by Stein will work great. I made a plate exactly like the one they sell.

I have accounts with Digikey and Mouser but as most know, searching those can be a real challenge.

Thanks everyone.