aarvig

Well Known Member
I was kindly given my second RV-9A ride this AM from Mike Behnke of the MN wing. He has a stunningly beautiful RV-9A that has a solid IFR setup. The plane flys like a dream. We flew to KBRD with Pete Howell and future 9A builder Devin Pearce. Everytime I get stick time in a 9A I am so convinced that I picked the right plane for me. I can't wait to have mine done. Hmmm only 14400 rivets to go!

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

A Fine Time it Was!

Sunshine, calm winds, and good people! We were back in time to get to Ryan's Double-header!! (2 wins!)

Here is landing video @KBRD - still working on how to use the new camera but it will upload in 1080p!

Some snapshots off the new Video Cam......some video later

Aaron and Devin discuss Tip-up or Slider......
IMG_0111.JPG

Devin deftly handles 789PH high above the Minnesota lake country
IMG_0113.JPG

The Minnesota lake country - the big one is Lake Mille Lacs - fishing opener going on down there......
IMG_0116.JPG

Last edited:
thanks for posting

What a beautiful 9A. That is so motivating. As soon as it gets warm again I'm gonna go start cutting my canopy! :eek: I really want to get my plan done.

You and me both Dave

It hurts not being able to fly yet. Since I've started the plane I've only been in the air once. I hope my 9A looks as nice as their flying examples.

Just don't expect it to win any awards at the flyins.

I hope to hook up with some of you guys(gals) at Osh this year.

No Awards.........

Guys, mine will never win any awards(Mike's might!), but it flies great and we fly it every chance we get!

Keep at it - it is even better than you can imagine!!

Now, Now, Now

Pete is just being humble. He has a sweeet 9A. Pete, keep in mind that your plane was the reason I decided to build a 9A instead of a 7A.

YES IT'S HUGE!!

Ahhhh...Mille Lacs - otherwise known as the "Dead Sea"......;)

I did my first solo cross country to Brainerd and I was trying to figure out how to get there. I asked MN winger Tom Berge the best way up there and this was his response..."Depart Anoka, go north, find lake Mille Lacs and turn left. You're there." Yep...that's pretty much how it went. (Of course he took the time to do a full flight plan.) That lake is huge, it's a great landmark.