Noel Simmons

Well Known Member
My wife has been bugging me to go flying so we went on a date today! Montana Big Sky was perfect, the RV-9A had enough gas to get to Billings KBIL, what more can you ask for.
Took off from Lewistown KLWT and climbed to 7500 pulled back to a slow cruse of 125kts burning some ridiculously low amount of fuel we were on our way. Pulled in the Billings local classic rock station 95.5 and set the auto pilot up so we could just watch the scenery slide by.

This is the aircraft that my wife figured out that flying could be and usually was enjoyable. So today?s flight was a mark in the good column for sure.

Flying to the Hop!

It's really nice when you can take that special person of yours for a cruise and a malt, isn't it?

Louise was down here in Houston for some business we needed to take care of, and since the weather in D.C. kept her from launching in her -6, she had to take SWA - but that didn't stop us from hopping in the Valkyrie on Saturday for a quick trip for malt and a burger at the 50's diner in Brenham.....it's a great modern twist on the old fashioned "date"!

Paul

Last edited:
Yep...

...it's some quality time for sure.

Fridays are our "date days" and Jenny usually has the pick of where to go for a $100 grouper filet sandwich or the mountains...the beach..her call. It's good for a lot of happy mileage:D

Sparks and all that..;)

Regards,

$50 key lime pie

My wife and I have flown to St. Simons SSI (15 minute flight), checked out the courtesy car, made a quick drive to Chelsea's and picked up their world famous key lime pie. Back to SSI, launch and back in the hanger 15 mins later. Not much flying time, but great fun.

boy, thanks Paul,.. I'm really in for it now

- but that didn't stop us from hopping in the Valkyrie on Saturday for a quick trip for malt and a burger at the 50's diner in Brenham.....

Paul

ok,.. ok,... I don't even have the plane finished and Marietta is already figuring on a run to Brenham for ice cream, and I live in Mississippi... now you throw this in :p

gee,.. guess I'll have to put up with more help and more flying :D