RV7ator

Well Known Member
Is the data on an SD card for a GTN650 usable only by that particular serial number GTN?

Sometime during the duration of my annual data base subscription for my GTN, I'll be moving into the next RV-7 build that has a GTN650xi. I highly suspect Garmin requires registration of individual GTNs, and you must choose which when downloading to the SD card. Another way of asking: will Garmin allow a subscription to be transferred, or is it linked forever to a specific GTN when first purchased? Sell the airplane and forfeit the subscription balance?

So much easier to ask the brain trust than sift through Garmin's fields of haystacks for a needle that may not exist.

John Siebold

Is the data on an SD card for a GTN650 usable only by that particular serial number GTN?

Sometime during the duration of my annual data base subscription for my GTN, I'll be moving into the next RV-7 build that has a GTN650xi. I highly suspect Garmin requires registration of individual GTNs, and you must choose which when downloading to the SD card. Another way of asking: will Garmin allow a subscription to be transferred, or is it linked forever to a specific GTN when first purchased? Sell the airplane and forfeit the subscription balance?

So much easier to ask the brain trust than sift through Garmin's fields of haystacks for a needle that may not exist.

John Siebold

The subscription is tied to the specific System ID. You can transfer System IDs mid-subscription.