RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I know electrical wires should stay away from fluid line and if near they should be above the lines. I am in a predicament with my RV-8A. I have route under the left console which stays above most of the fluid lines, except I need to run it under the purge return line. Will this pass an inspection from a DAR? I don't want to proceed if I am going to be asked to reroute the wires. What is not in the picture is the rear rudder pedal idler arm, the zip-tie and Adel clamp keep the bundle behind the hing pint of the idler arm. The idler arm is also why the wires cant run along the front of the gear weld mount. A quick response would help as I don't want to loose another day of work. Mel I am hoping you will be reading this soon. Thanks to all who respond.

29yh4cz.jpg

I would be OK with this. I would certainly recommend some sleeve wrap around the wires to protect from possible arcing if the wire insulations should be breached. Otherwise, it is fine.

Vic

Sleeve Wrap

I would be OK with this. I would certainly recommend some sleeve wrap around the wires to protect from possible arcing if the wire insulations should be breached. Otherwise, it is fine.

Vic

Vic,

I guess I should have said that but the plan is to sleeve wrap this whole section, the part that runs behind the idler arm needs some to prevent abrasion for the idler arm movement.

I agree!

Vic's answer is exactly what I would have said had I been here first.
I've been in East Texas all day trying to get an "Excalibur" into "flying status".
Finally got it accomplished. BTW, if any DARs are watching, and you are called to do a 2-seat Challenger or Challenger knock-off, move the stick in all directions. In the "down elevator" position, the rear stick will hang-up on the back of the front seat and lock it there.

BTW, if any DARs are watching, and you are called to do a 2-seat Challenger or Challenger knock-off, move the stick in all directions. In the "down elevator" position, the rear stick will hang-up on the back of the front seat and lock it there.

Mel,

Been there, done that. It's a characteristic of the Challenger design. There needs to be a plate attached to the two downtubes that run behind the front seat. The plate has to be attached in such a manner as to keep the rear stick from getting caught in those downtubes.

Another characteristic of the Challenger design is no rudder stops. The rudder can and will hit the elevators when the pedals are pushed. Rudder stops need to be included in the system somewhere. (You probably ran into that on the Excalibur too.)

As for the subject of this thread, I agree with Mel and Vic. Just sleeve the bundle and you're all set!