jjconstant

Well Known Member
At our chapter meeting last night a friend mentioned that "there are no more DAR's"! I didn't know what he meant. He had been told by someone who presented himself as knowing what he was talking about that there had been an FAA change and the program was now completely different, called something different and administered differently.

Having not heard a peep about this on VAF I was dubious. Can I get a confirmation from our wonderful resident DARs on the list that there have been no such changes?

Jeremy Constant

I've heard nothing about it.
I work almost every day as DAR.

Of course, since this is the Federal Guberment, we would be the last to know!

I have a friend who gave up on his DAR recently because he was tired of dealing with the FAA.

Typical

It seems that anyone that has ever seen an airplane is a aviation expert. After 35 years in the aviation industry and hearing "experts" spout off, I now call them out. Funny to see them stammer.

Since there are none for hundreds of miles down here, I was recently encouraged to make myself a DAR. I just ran off the forms on the FAA site a couple of days ago, no mention of such a thing there.

I
At our chapter meeting last night a friend mentioned that "there are no more DAR's"! I didn't know what he meant. He had been told by someone who presented himself as knowing what he was talking about that there had been an FAA change and the program was now completely different, called something different and administered differently.

Having not heard a peep about this on VAF I was dubious. Can I get a confirmation from our wonderful resident DARs on the list that there have been no such changes?

Jeremy Constant

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check if he or his friend mistook DER for DAR.

All Best

Jeremy Constant

DARs are retiring faster than there are new replacements. I have a good friend who works for the Boise FISDO and he wanted to do the inspection on my Cub but they wouldn't let him because they are "too busy". I asked if they had any new DARs and he said they were too busy to train a new DAR even if someone applied. Closest DAR is 200mi away and he is plder and will probably retire soon. Looks like the FAA is creating another catch 22 situation.