vernhendershott

Well Known Member
Today we had the DAR do his inspection and he was kind enough to issue the Special Airworthiness Certificate.

Now all we need to do is get it all put back together, do the engine runs and find some one brave enough to fly it. Should be about a week.

Best regards,
Vern

DAR

Vern (and MEL if you would),

What did your DAR want by way of things to remove/open to do the inspection? I wondered about all the "removable" things in the cockpit and baggage area.

Vern (and MEL if you would),
What did your DAR want by way of things to remove/open to do the inspection? I wondered about all the "removable" things in the cockpit and baggage area.

Different DARs inspect to different levels. Personally I want to see the aircraft as if it were opened up for a condition inspection. I want to be able to see all control and fuel connections.

We had talked several weeks ago and agreed it would be open for a full condition inspection. As it was still mostly apart that was fine. We had top and bottom cowl off, instrument panel cover off all the floor panels out, fuel tank out, rear baggage panel out, all the inspection covers in the belly open and the tail faring off. The rear window is off as well as the side skins over the baggage area. It will be simple to put it all back together and finish the rear window. Also had the transponder certified and the ELT checked by a proper electronic tester. No problems with the paper work and it only took about an hour and a half. He did require that we install the wings and put the flap ratchet back in so he could see the control system in its working condition. I should say this was a ELSA certification.

I think it takes big ones to fly any homebuilt that you did not build on its first flight, just my opinion.

The DAR is Dennis Carley based in Deland, FL

Best regards,
Vern

Hey Vern....

....I'd be glad to fly it and I'm 90 minutes from you in Louisville, Ga (2J3).

I'd bet that Keith Philips would also do the duties:)

Best,

....I'd be glad to fly it and I'm 90 minutes from you in Louisville, Ga (2J3).

I'd bet that Keith Philips would also do the duties:)

Best,

Yes, Keith would like to and he keeps talking about building one just as soon as he gets his SX 300 fixed from its gear up landing, it had a mechanical failure and Keith did a great job on the landing, just a little skin damage to the belly, gear doors and the prop.

Mine should fly next week, then the next one is in paint and should fly in about three weeks then the third one should be just a few weeks behind that one, then we will have enough to form a proper RV-12 formation flight for the Saturday Gaggle Flight run to breakfast, then many will get rides and I think we will see another 8 or more RV-12 starts this year here at Spruce Creek.

Have a good day.

Best regards,
Vern

Congrats Vern.

It's a pup to fly, jump in and go. I'm sitting up here in the frozen tundra. You get me down there and I'll fly it!