yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Is there a way to "tweak" the D-180 altimeter? Mine consistently reads 30-50 feet higher that runway end elevation when set to the AWOS altimeter setting. It happens at all airports, so it's not just the AWOS at my home field.

Wayne 120241/143WM

Page 9-1 of the MANUAL

ALTIMETER CHECK
The following test can be performed on an as-needed basis. If the altimeter is found to be out of specification, the following single-point adjustment can be performed by navigating the menus to SETUP > ALTADJ. In the Altimeter Adjustment menu, you can change the displayed altitude by up to 500 feet up or down. After making this adjustment, ensure that the altimeter on the FlightDEK-D180 meets the tolerances allowed between 0 and 30,000 feet. If this adjustment does not bring the altimeter on the FlightDEK-D180 to within specification at all attitudes, please contact Dynon Avionics to return for service

From the install manual, Problem/Solution, pg 9-5:

"Set the barometer to the correct value for your current location. Note the difference between the displayed altitude and the actual altitude for your location. Navigate to the Altitude Adjustment menu by pressing SETUP > MORE > ALTADJ. Increment or decrement the value of the altitude until the FlightDEK-D180 altitude corresponds to that of the current location of your plane. If you need to adjust by more than 200 ft, or find that you need to adjust frequently (after setting your baro), please call Dynon Technical Support for assistance."

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, but

I've done that a couple of times. Doesn't seem to last for more than a day or so, so I guess I'm in the "call Dynon" mode.

Wayne