Ron B.

Well Known Member
We had planned to be flying by now,but the paintshop is taking much longer than they had promissed. Our fuselage was to be clear coated yesterday so we were told at 3 PM when we left the shop. Wings are not far behind, but most other parts have some to go before they are done.
We purchased a D-180 and the wiring harness for our RV-10, with the plans to steal a D-100 out of one of our Super Cubs. When the Skyviews would be released we would then install a 10" model.
Now that the Skyviews are shipping , we are wandering if we should abandon the D-180 for two Skyviews? We have not started the panel. The D-180 and the wiring harness are still in box, untouched. What's the chance Aircraft Spruce or Dynon would take the D-180 back on trade? I'm aware of Dynon's trade in for half price, but this unit is new , still in box.
One of our build partners asked what would we be gaining by installing two Skyviews rather than one Skyview and the D-180? I'm thinking that they would communicate with each other so both pilot and co-pilot could have the same information in front of them. With the D-180 and Skyview , the engine instrumentation would be on the D-180 only.
Any opinions would be appreciated.
Ron

Ron,

This is one place where the technology moved ahead of the legacy products. Dynon has made it very clear that the old and the new will not communicate with each other.

I would think that you would be able to better Dynon's offer of 1/2 price rebate by selling your unit here. I know one guy localy that is looking for a like new D180. Doubt ACS or Dynon would take it back full price.

I just bought a brand new D100, D120, HS34, AP74 and don't feel crazy at all for doing so. I will get a few years of great service out of them before I upgrade. By then the Skyview will be a mature product.

I'm thinking that they would communicate with each other

Last edited:
What Brian said...

Ron,

.........This is one place where the technology moved ahead of the legacy products. Dynon has made it very clear that the old and the new will not communicate with each other.

Yep Mike at Dynon, told me the same thing this week. I wanted a Skyview and use my D-120 for EMS info to the Skyview and they won't communicate.

Best,