rolivi

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I've got a D-100 on my side and I'm thinking of adding either a D-120 or D-180 on the passenger side of my RV6.

I've read if I go with the D-120 I can switch the display info and get EFIS and EMS to both screens.

I'm considering going D-180 so I have redundant EFIS, and I do plan to keep my current electric engine gauges so that will be redundant to the EMS side.

Am I just planning on spending too much?

Current pannel is at www.robolivier.com/n1cx

I flew for a number of years with a D100 EFIS on the left and a D10 EMS on the right side.

Typically, I would have the D100 displaying 2/3's EFIS and 1/3 EMS.

If I had a flying passenger, I could display the EFIS info on the D10.

The reason for the D10 and not the D120 was that I moved my radio stack to the right of center, so the D10 was centered in front of the right seat.

I was VERY happy with the setup and only changed it when I went with a SkyView, which I can't say enough about!

I see no need for a D180. If you are flying IFR, it is too far to the right to do you much good and at this point, if you can't land without the EFIS info, you need to practice some more.

Also, the D100's are pretty much bullet proof.

Thanks

I like the D-10 idea since it could go in with less change on my current setup...

Someday the whole panel will get pulled and cleaned up (maybe in line with 2020 requirements) but I can make reasonable improvements along the way.