walkman

Well Known Member
I've stopped there for fuel a few times, but never went over the "FBO" (clubhouse?) building. Stopped there last weekend for the cheap fuel (supposedly going DOWN this week?) and met a few of the very friendly folks and the airport dog.

The building is left open even when unattended. There is a great pilot lounge, a sleeping area, briefing room with computer, TV, chairs and couches to sleep in, even showers. Its a really nice facility for a little country airport. There is even a courtesy car, keys under the counter when unattended, that is available for use.

Great place to stop for fuel, and a good location if you have to overnight or stop unexpectedly due to weather. Friendly folks.

I agree

This spring our group of nine planes returning to Wisconsin from Kitty Hawk overnighted at Cynthiana. We were given the run of their new FBO even though they were having an open house the following day to let the public view it.
I was planning a trip to TN last weekend but was weathered out. 0I8 was going to be my fuel stop.

JimS