rvbuilder1

I am reinstalling a cylinder after inspection and I cannot fine the torque values for the base nuts.
My 0-290D overhaul manual lists the nut as
1/2 in nut at 550 in-lb and 3/8 nut at 300 in-lb However I have 3/4 & 9/16 nuts. I cannot find the torque for these two sizes anywhere. Can anyone help here.
Thanks

1/2" and 3/8" are referring to stud sizes.. not wrench size..

You need a 3/4" wrench for a 1/2" bolt/stud and 9/16" wrench for a 3/8" bolt/stud... :)

1/2" and 3/8" are referring to stud sizes.. not wrench size..

You need a 3/4" wrench for a 1/2" bolt/stud and 9/16" wrench for a 3/8" bolt/stud... :)

...and to add a general rule of thumb:

Add 3/16 to a bolt/stud size to get the "wrench size" (or subtract from wrench size to find bolt/stud size)

...and to add a general rule of thumb:

Add 3/16 to a bolt/stud size to get the "wrench size" (or subtract from wrench size to find bolt/stud size)

That having been said...
I would highly recommend that you get a hold of a copy of the Lyc. service instruction for installing torquing a cyl. (if you don't already have it)

Cylinder base nut torque

I just found SB 1029 showing the nut tightening sequence. 1/2 studs are torqued first starting from the top right to 300 in-lb. The 3/8 studs are then torqued to 300 in-lb in any sequence. You then go back and bring the (4) 1/2 in nuts to the required torque of 550-600 in-lb.