bmchambers

I'm New Here
I just installed an ECI 8 channel monitor on all my cylinders this past week. I'm finding cht's for 1/2 running 330-340 and 3/4 370-380 at cruise. I have an O-360 w/ constant speed prop running down in the hot part of southern Az.

Is this a "normal gap" in temp between these? Any ideas on how to fix this (other than a plenum), or just leave it?

Thanks!

bmchambers said:
I just installed an ECI 8 channel monitor on all my cylinders this past week. I'm finding cht's for 1/2 running 330-340 and 3/4 370-380 at cruise. I have an O-360 w/ constant speed prop running down in the hot part of southern Az.

Is this a "normal gap" in temp between these? Any ideas on how to fix this (other than a plenum), or just leave it?

Thanks!
This is normal if you do nothing but you can do better. Installing deflectors on the front of cyl 1&2 is what you need. Getting the min max spread to w/i 20 degrees is what you want. You can begin by installing alum. tape first to block air on the front 2 to see what you need. Once you have the blockage amount determined, you can remove the tape and install aluminum sheet for deflection.

With a 4 banger this is easily achieved. Much more difficult on a 6 banger to get the air to go where you want. Moving air from one does not translate to air getting to the other on a 6 cyl. I use "speed tape", a thick alum. tape that comes off a roll. Similar to the thick alum. cowl tape used to prevent cowl burn. In fact if you have some of that use it. This can be used on cylinders to deflect air where you need em. Works. But on the 4 cyl, you want to final install some alum. sheet when all is said and done. There is a provision on the up ramp baffle for this and you probably already have some blockage in place already. You just need some more there.
Best

Last edited: