burgundyja

Well Known Member
Has anyone blocked some of the air on the top of the cylinders. I have cruise temps of high 290s oil 200 to 220 oat 60 to 70. I was thinking of ways to cool oil but now I am thinking of forcing more air to oil cooler. It is a 9 row behind #4. I don't want hot spots on cylinders. Maybe blocks over the cylinder. This is lop at rop it gets better 180 to 200 oil maybe 5 drop on cylinders.

That mixture (no pun intended) doesn't seem right somehow. The cylinders are way too cool for oil temps that high. Any chance your oil cooler line is blocked? Vernatherm not working?

Seems a head scratcher to me.

greg

That mixture (no pun intended) doesn't seem right somehow. The cylinders are way too cool for oil temps that high. Any chance your oil cooler line is blocked? Vernatherm not working?

Seems a head scratcher to me.

greg

Or the CHT temp values aren't valid. With temp #'s that don't jive with what would be typical for RV's, the first thing I would do is try and verify the #'s. Maybe you oil temp has an error to the high side.
If the temps end up being valid, then I would try and find out why, instead of doing a cooling mod that (as far as I am aware) know one ever has to do.