captainron

Well Known Member
Since I just got my QB-7 wings and fuselage last week, I would like to finish the wings first as Vans recommends. However, I would like to make alot of the builder-fabricated parts for the wings and fuselage at one time so I can deal with the alodining and priming at one time.
My question: Can I just cut things like aileron push-rod tubes per Van's blueprints, or are there things that have to be measured (other than fuel lines) with wings, etc. fitted?

Almost all of the measurements are good starting points. The pushrods are adjustable because you have some thread to play with on each end. Doing large sessions of parts fabrication is definately a time saver, IMHO.

Not a primer war here, but why are you going to alodine the parts on your QB? Seems like a waste of time/energy/money/health since your QB is not alodined.

Most of the things so far has been OK if cut to Van's sizes, but the aileron push rods on my RV7 is the one thing that needs 3/8" more in my opinion. Do a search it was discussed here somewhere.