rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
First of all I'm at work and I don't have my build docs with me so excuse any mis-naming of parts.

I'm wondering what the best way others have found to trim the rudder fiberglass. I've heard of using a small abrasive wheel on a dremel tool, and I saw that Van's sells an abrasive wheel that can be used on a die grinder to cut fiberglass. The abrasive wheels that I found for the dremel are only about an inch in diameter so that seems pretty small to cut the full length of rudder tip. Although it might work well for cutting the required notch for the rudder horn. Just wondering what technique others have found the works the best.
:confused:

I used the small 1" or so dremel wheel with no problem. Followed it up with some adhesive sand paper on a 2' level to straighten out the cut and moved forward.....

me too...

I used the small 1" or so dremel wheel with no problem. Followed it up with some adhesive sand paper on a 2' level to straighten out the cut and moved forward.....

This is pretty much what I did as well. The Dremel cuts through the fiberglass with ease.