Bubblehead

Well Known Member
I need to replace the cabin heat cable on my -8 and bought a nice looking cable unit from ACS. Of course it is too long. It does not seem to be a big deal to cut it but thought I'd get some guidance from the folks here first. I might as well learn from your mistakes before making my own!

I have a high speed cut off wheel in a pneumatic cut-off tool. I could slowly cut away the sheath with that, or is a more manual operation better?

I need to replace the cabin heat cable on my -8 and bought a nice looking cable unit from ACS. Of course it is too long. It does not seem to be a big deal to cut it but thought I'd get some guidance from the folks here first. I might as well learn from your mistakes before making my own!

I have a high speed cut off wheel in a pneumatic cut-off tool. I could slowly cut away the sheath with that, or is a more manual operation better?
Just pull the cable (wire) part way out and then cut straight through the sheath with your dremel or die grinder. No big deal. Good luck.

I used a hack saw after extracting the wire a bit, and it worked well. Bet your cutoff wheel would be slick...very straight forward job (and that's from a relative rookie to maintenence!)

Cheers,
Bob

Just snip the liner only with side cutters. Then buff on your 3m wheel. Then slide the control wire back in and snip to fit.....and then buff on your 3m wheel.

Put the center wire out

Don't forget to pull the center wire out before you cut it!!