Ben Beaird

I want to order a custom length, friction lock throttle cable for my -6A to replace the stock-length Vans unit that has a throw that is too short.

I remember running across a company that makes control cables to-order, but now I can't find them.

Does anyone know who makes these things?

Thanks,
Ben Beaird
Plymouth, WI

Spruce will do this at a slight extra cost ($35). They sell a really nice 10-32 threaded end one with a ball pivot offering 8 degree movement, teflon lined. Smooth, slick operation. A-800 in the basic PN.

From a previous post:
I installed a custom set up in my RV8, similar to what you are trying to do.
For the eyeball, I used the ones that VAN's and others sell that has the removeable ball in the center. Since it is a split ball that is held in place by a separate nut, as long as the cable fits through the entire opening, you can install the eyeball halves over the cable easily.
For the cable, I went to a local brake and clutch shop and they made up cables for me. They did same day service and charged about $30 each. You tell them what throw you want..they had two or three to choose from. Using the custom quadrant and the Bendix IO servo system and an MP governor. Everything is working fine after 40 hours. When measuring for the custom cable, I used a piece of plastic tubing and measured end to end..make sure you have the knob to the maximum throw and also the other end at the maximum throw, or you could get a cable too short or too long. The only difference in the cables is that they are black. A friend of mine did the same thing and they have been fine for the last 5 years.