kcameron

Well Known Member
I'm tryng to tidy-up my engine compartment a bit. It would help if I could route the crossover plug wires around the top of the engine mount instead of just hanging in the breeze as they do now. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they're long enough for that. I've got Slick mags.

The Lycoming Overhaul Manual makes it look easy to build ones own wires. However, I can't find a source for the needed components or tools.

Anybody know where to look?

Thanks,

Both TCM/Bendix and Slick have replacement lead sets that come in varying lengths. They come fully assembled on the plug end and you just need to install them in the mag end cap after trimming to length. The tools are also available from any one who sells those products. It might be easier to buy some leads figure out the lengths and the have an engine shop assemble the mag end for you. Buying all the tools for one time use might be a waste compared to an hour or two of labor. I don?t know what they cost.
If you know the length of the wires you need and what wrench size the spark plug wire b nuts are, our parts department could likely help you out.
1-800-624-6680 ext 313, ask for Bill.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."