Ace

After much patience, I have decided to find another person to help me with my panel. I no longer have the confidence in my first choice. Price is not as important to me as getting the truth and not being put off.

Any suggestions ?

Ace
rv10

Not knowing who it is that hasn't delivered makes it a little bit intimidating to make a suggestion....but I just visited the Steinair facility the other day, and they were really turning out some fabulous looking panels with first-class workmanship.

Paul

I ordered my panel last week through Aerotronics. I selected them after talking with Gary (one of the principles) at SnF. I've worked with Jason since and they have been very responsive in follow up, suggestions and research. Their testing and quality of work appears to be top notch and the pricing is affordable...especially with their volume buy prices on equipment.

Good Luck.

Go with SteinAir

Hands down SteinAir is in my opinion the best of the best. He is as good as gold and not only built me a wonderfull panel but delivered it to me in time for it to be installed without delaying my first flight.

The only wiring problem I encounted after receiving the panel (related to Stein's build as oppossed to the install wiring) was a wrong pin assignment on one of the GRT Displays. As it turned out the GRT online posting wiring diagram that SteinAir followed was wrong and has since been corrected.

Check out the panel:

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=panelinstalled1bl4.jpg

I had a great experience with Aerotronics. Working with Gary and Jason was great! We knew our panel would be very complicated and we wanted it to be reliable and look nice. The guys at Aerotronics did great work and were really good about getting things done in the short amount of time we had to meet our completion date. While our panel was being built we got a chance to go and tour their facilities out in Billings. It was amazing!!

heres a link to the thread with our panel: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=5018&page=6&pp=10

STEINAIR

I used their help with layout and laser cutting. I am a very low budget builder, but they are excellent. They never seemed put off by all my (dumb) questions, even though my panel is at best $10K, and they have many bigger fish to fry. The last time I was there they were working on a real P-51 panel.

I get a chance to see the shop in action regularly because they are in the back yard, and I seem to be able to find an excuse to head down there...

The employees are nearly all ex airline A&P's, several still make a living keeping the airline full motion simulators runing. The depth of experience and knowledge there is truly incredible. They have all built or are building, a number of RV's, a Slepchev Storch, Citabria's, etc...

Finally, based on your previous cancellation...Stein will tell you the truth. Even when manufacturers were telling me one thing, Stein always gave me the straight scoop on what was available, when it would ship, and was more straightforward than the marketing stuff that permeates this industry.

Give them a call!