Triumph1974

Well Known Member
Hello Everyone,

I need to come up with a custom bucking bar (or substitute) to buck the 4 spots where you need 3-7 rivets that join the top and side skins via the longerrons to the vertical supports that come up off the wing spars.

Did anyone make a custom bucking bar to get to this spot, you would be willing to loan out for a few days (I'll cover all shipping), or have an idea to share on getting these 4 rivets bucked?

Thanks,
Paul

RV7A that may be completed this year!

Squeezer yoke?

Could you get part of a yoke in there and use it to buck those rivets. They are pretty heavy steel.....just an idea.

Back Rivet Plate

If u have one, turn it on its edge & see if it fits up inside to buck them rivets.

Yup

If it's the rivets I'm thinking of, this was my solution (the piece on the upper right):

20100220-04-tn.jpg

Here's a pic of the bar. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of it in action. It's for the single rivet on each side of the fuselage which attaches the canopy deck to the longeron directly above the forward half of the F-704 bulkhead.

P.S. That was a lot of work cutting that thing out with a hacksaw. :eek:

That looks like it....

If it's the rivets I'm thinking of, this was my solution (the piece on the upper right):

20100220-04-tn.jpg

Here's a pic of the bar. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of it in action. It's for the single rivet on each side of the fuselage which attaches the canopy deck to the longeron directly above the forward half of the F-704 bulkhead.

P.S. That was a lot of work cutting that thing out with a hacksaw. :eek:

Hello Mark,

That looks like the bucking bar that would do the trick.....I'll send you a pm.

Thanks,
Paul

Mike is the Man

Thanks Mike for letting me use the bucking bar and even making a slight mod. to it to allow it to extend a little further into those tight spots.....it will be on it's way back to you this week with all postage expenses covered.

Thanks to everyone particpating in helping fellow builders out like myself.

Paul

Hello Mark,

That looks like the bucking bar that would do the trick.....I'll send you a pm.

Thanks,
Paul