cjensen

Well Known Member
Just wondering what the fuel prices are like around the country. What are they at your HOME base airport?

Central Illinois Regional (KBMI) just went to 5.79 today.:mad:

It almost makes me glad that I'm currently building and not FLYING... hopefully when I'm done in a few years prices will be back down!

KLNS- 5.02
S37- 4.75

Last edited:
I don't look at the prices these days. Too depressing.

I just have a mental list of the local FBO's which historically have the cheapest <ahem> fuel. When I refuel, I simply close my eyes when I sign the reciept.

I call it the more enjoyment via selective ignorance strategy.

3.90 at 2O8 (Hinton, OK)

$3.99 @ M16, just outside of jackson, MS. Outlook is not good though.
Evan, I am looking at a possible fuel stop at M16 in a couple of weeks on my trip to Sun N Fun in my 9A. Anything good or bad you might be able to tell me about your airport? Is access to fuel easy, clean bathrooms, good pavement on the runway? Any advice at all would be appreciated.

You should have it so Cheep!

Gee you guys (& gals) have it so good over there!!!!:)

Here at my local AeroClub in Latrobe Valley - AUSTRALIA, Fuel is AUS$1.89/litre. Multiply that by 3.79 into US gals and take into account the exchange rate (AUS$0.99 = US$1.00) and we are paying in equivalent terms US$7.23c per US gal.

Very grateful we still have 100ll to purchase.:):)

Cheers, Greg (RV-7A _ doing W&B today)

West Central Florida.

Home Base KBKV: $5.19 SelfServe
Within 15 mins RV time @ X35: $4.43 or ZPH: $4.50
Not good. :(

BTW, these 2 are good fuel stops for those attending SNF.

Our wholesale price quote just went up 37 cents in the last two weeks... just before we need to buy another load...:mad:

4.41 at ijx. We have 2800 gal. left until the next load. When the airport orders fuel they can't get partial loads like 4000 3500 etc. The underground is 8500 gal. The manager says mid 5$ when we order which is coming soon as others from nearby airports are coming here to fuel. Some of the people based here who fly 10 hrs a year are upset that "outsiders" are buying OUR fuel. They think that as they are going on their 6th hr in june of their 10 hrs a year that 4.41 fuel should still be there for them. I put 227 hrs on my C120 since last april and some of the 10 hr a year guys think I have cut in their personal strategic petroleum reserve. Chad come get some lower priced fuel and do a tech counselor visit on my 7.

Gee you guys (& gals) have it so good over there!!!!:)

Here at my local AeroClub in Latrobe Valley - AUSTRALIA, Fuel is AUS$1.89/litre. Multiply that by 3.79 into US gals and take into account the exchange rate (AUS$0.99 = US$1.00) and we are paying in equivalent terms US$7.23c per US gal.

Very grateful we still have 100ll to purchase.:):)

Cheers, Greg (RV-7A _ doing W&B today)

Here in BRAZIL BR$4.0/litre = US$9.18 per gallon and climbing...

Dont even think about using Mogas, contains 25% Ethanol :eek:

:rolleyes:

I put 56 litres in at the weekend and it cost me ?100.80 :eek:

So - as I may have just as well spoken Swahili, I will translate....

56 litres is 14.79 US Galls

?100.80 at 1.62 is $163.30

Therefore, that is $11.04 per gallon.

As I don't hang around - let's say 9 gph, so that is a round $100 per hour in fuel alone.......

Enjoy Fella's !!
(and Louise and Roberta)

I've used Airnav since completing the RV almost 10 years ago, great site for fuel and other info.

I wish I could download the whole database into my phone, for airborne use. 100LL.com has this together with Anywhere Map, but I don't have their system any more. Anyone know if this database exists for download? In my younger days, I'd have written some routine to go scrounge it from Airnav...

This isn't directly relevant to this thread on fuel prices, but peripherally relevant... I was at a magazine stand yesterday, and flipping through a magazine on flying (I think it was "Flying"). There was an article on the future of 100LL. I skimmed bits of the article One alternative that I had never previously heard of was 100VLL (very Low Lead). Apparently many see it as, at least, a very viable interim step to help address the environmental concerns.

This isn't directly relevant to this thread on fuel prices, but peripherally relevant... I was at a magazine stand yesterday, and flipping through a magazine on flying (I think it was "Flying"). There was an article on the future of 100LL. I skimmed bits of the article One alternative that I had never previously heard of was 100VLL (very Low Lead). Apparently many see it as, at least, a very viable interim step to help address the environmental concerns.

Sounds like the 100VLL definition work is under way from last Oct.

http://www.astm.org/DATABASE.CART/WORKITEMS/WK30832.htm?A

Separately, I can confirm that the TEL factory in Ellesmere Port on the River Mersey was still there and operating last month...:)

TEL.jpg

Last edited:
gas prices

At the Kispiox Valley Road Turnoff in BC...
2hq4hvd.jpg

Photo credit ??

Really;
Avgas CAU3 (Oliver BC airport) 1.47 per Litre. ($5.58/ gal)
:D

Last edited: