skidmk

Well Known Member
Hi listers,,, I had to throw out these cudos for Partain and his group. Although there was a very minor scheduling problem at the beginning of our transaction, I have to say Partain Transport is a mighty fine company to deal with.

Tony's driver Seth picked up my RV8 kit and delivered it as promised, on time, and then the driver stuck around and helped with the unloading of his trailor and the loading of mine. (I had my kit delivered to a truck stop at the PA-NY state line) It was raining cats and dogs, and I really had expected the driver to drop and go. Amazing service.. well priced.. great to deal with.

bottom line, I saved about 1500.00 by having it dropped off and my picking it up to take across the border.

Thanks Tony! and Seth!:)

ps. I emailed Tony and Vans about some minor damage on the bottom wing skins ( this could be factory damage or transit damage, stuff happens) and within 12 hours, Tony had emailed me back and told new skins would be on the way. awesome

We have used Partian Tranpsport before, for an RV-9A quickbuild kit (my father/brother in South Dakota) and now we're having our RV-7 Finish Kit delivered this fall by them.

Regardless of the fact that they are cheaper, Personally I'd pay them more than the freight carriers to haul my airplane. Having exceptional insight as to the daily operation of all the box haulers out there with my business I can tell you that having a someone who is personally responsible for your kit from the time it leaves the factory until the time it arrives in your driveway is worth it by itself. Not to mention the fact that your box won't arrive with forklift holes in it, the "this side up arrow" pointing down, and other stuff I routinely see form the commercial carriers.

Anyway, I'm not affiliated with Partain in any way other than being a customer and I can tell you that from my standpoint I'll have any future kits delivered by him (or his company) even if it were to cost more....it's just flat worth it!

Cheers,
Stein

RV6 flying
RV7...waiting for the delivery of the finish kit!

SteinAir said:
Regardless of the fact that they are cheaper, Personally I'd pay them more than the freight carriers to haul my airplane.
Don't start telling folks stuff like that - or they will raise their prices before I order a kit! :p

Moderator - please remove all posts implying or suggesting that Tony Partain should raise prices for doing a good job.

Thank you.

;)

Price Increase

Partain Transport will double prices Immediately!! HA!

Part of the deal is VALUE. We will continue to deliver kits with better customer service, easier, safer and CHEAPER than traditional methods period. It?s the Vans way; provide the customer with a REAL value.
Stein how much do you want for that post? You should give up the avionics business and start a PR firm, you would do well.

Anyway thanks for the good words. Is this a great hobby or what?!