N64GH

Well Known Member
Patron
I got a real cool set of CROW safety belts for Christmas. I was installing them today and ran into a slight problem. The anchor points have a hole of about 7/16 the old belts I am removing (RV6) the hole is sized for a AN4 (1/4) bolt :roll eyes:. I was working on making some bushings today. What I did will work but ... not really happy with what I maid. Any one else install the CROW belts and what did you do?? Not a huge deal but I was kind of hankering to take those puppies up for a flight :D

Mike Divan

Check the archives by searching. Your not the only one who has dealt with thisw. Either you can find bushings that fit or, as I did, just drill a new 1/4" hole higher up on the tangs. You have plenty of room to do so.
Hope this helps.

Never Mind

I found a thread that has some suggestions I will try tomorrow.

Metric washers

I recently went thru this, one thread said metric washers stacked would work perfectly, and it did. 6mm if I recall. Still haven't gotten the answers for connecting the crow tabs to the ceiling bolts in the RV-10, but those tolerances are much closer, might just go without any bushings. Ace hardware has metric washers.