jimgreen

Well Known Member
Just ordered a set of harnesses, and discovered they now use brackets with a 7/16" bolt hole.
Is there a simple way of bushing 7//16" to accept a 1/4" bolt for the lap belts and 5/16" bolt for the crotch? I don't think I'm going to find washers to press into the holes.
Otherwise I guess I'll be drilling new holes in the chrome-moly brackets. Ouch

I drilled new holes in the longer brackets that I asked em for...

They drilled like butter, a little 3 in 1 oil, good bit, and low speed and it was no problem...

I drilled the hole with proper edge distance between the original and the slot for the webbing...

bolt-tab-label.jpg

Last edited:
Or you can send them back and ask for 1/4" hardware. I'm sure they will do it for free and turnaround time is minimal. Don

Thanks for the input.
Or you can send them back and ask for 1/4" hardware. I'm sure they will do it for free and turnaround time is minimal. Don
The brackets with the 1/4" holes are quite short and have their own problems with interference.

Check out Iron's post #8 on this thread. He used washers to bush the larger hole. I plan to do the same when I get to that step.
Good luck!

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=37308&highlight=crow

Brent
Yes, the washers would work great for 1/2" holes, but I'd have to enlarge the existing holes from 7/16" to 1/2". May not be the easiest solution.
I don't have my belts yet so I haven't seen the dimensions of the brackets, but I think I'll drill new holes. Brian seemed to find it OK so perhaps chrome-moly steel isn't so scary after all!

Those are too short and the webbing will rub the brackets that you built into the plane...Also the crotch strap one will really be too short and the webbing can get cut by the relief hole edge built into the anchor system.

These longer ones work great!!! Just drill whatever size hole you need in the meat between the webbing hole and the original bolt hole. They are not bad to drill...