cjensen

Well Known Member
I came across a problem today while looking in to what needed to be done to start the crotch strap kit install. The kit isn't the problem...it's the fact that way back when I built the center section, I installed the outboard ribs on each side reversed. I had completely forgotten about this, and now the brackets for the crotch strap are too narrow in my case since the web of the rib is a half inch further outboard than it should be (the flange is inboard facing).

I'll post a pic if what I'm trying to explain isn't clear, but I'm posting from my iPhone and can't insert a pic...

I can either figure out a shim somehow, or go with four point belts. I can't think of a safe way to install a shim here...

Thoughts?

Aren't the crotch strap brackets just folded aluminum, like the ribs themselves? You could make your own from plain stock.

Dont panic I did exactly the same thing and it is an easy fix. Just cut 1 side flange off and remake it. I hope the picture makes it clear. Just copy exactly what was there in the first place , but a bit wider. This is the R/H side bracket (co-pilot)
crotchstrap.jpg

Thanks for the pic PIN! That's exaclty what I'll do!

Planning to use Crow's, but I think they have a similar issue...thanks Derrell!