Brockster

Well Known Member
I am presently drilling the center section of the fuselage and want to install the brackets for the five point harness. Will probably be using a hooker harness. Are the dimensions that vans provides sufficient or should I increase the spacing between the brackets slightly. Vans calls out 1/8 inch. Also for the hooker harness does the through bolt location need to be lowered?Searched a few posts and found where some have done this but wanted more recent opinions. Thanks

Last edited:
Not flying yet, but mounted our brackets same height but slightly wider fore/aft gap for the HH bushings.

Carl

Crotch Strap Bracket

I just installed the copilot one today. The Hooker Harness crotch strap is 21/64" thick where the An4-5A bolt goes through the eyelet. Van's calls for 3/32" clearance between the two anchor pieces of aluminum, but that will not be enough to install the Hooker crotch strap. I marked the center line per Van's instructions and then moved each anchor an additional 1/8" further apart which really came out to be 22/64". That worked out fine. Also Vans sends you a AN5-5A bolt which is to big for the Hooker crotch strap. So don't drill the hole to big in the two anchors for the anchor bolt. Drilling the anchors to the ribs is not fun.

Hope this helps.

Larry Ocker