Dennis Persyk

I'm New Here
About 5 or 6 years ago there were pictures of an RV6 that won awards at 6
OSH. The paint job depicted crepe paper streamers fluttering along the
fuselage. Id appreciate it if someone could tell me which issue of EAA the
pictures appeared in or otherwise advise me where I can get my hands on
pictures of that beautiful plane. My friend is going to get a custom paint
job on his Extra 300 and wed like to copy that one.

You may reply back to me directly to cut down on group chatter.

Thanks!

Dennis Persyk 6A N600DP sold

RV page http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/rv6a.htm

Close but not the picture

Hello Kai,

Thanks! That's the right idea, but the one I am looking for was at least 6 years ago.

Dennis

I think the airplane you're thinking about was built here locally in Eugene, Oregon, by Hank Anderson. A picture of it was featured in the RV-6 page on Van's website, for a while. I haven't seen Hanks airplane in several months, come to think of it. EAA meeting tomorrow evening. I'll nose around a little.

Bob S

RV-6 with 'Streamers" paint job

Are you remembering a dark red (similar to cherry red) or even burgundy RV-6 with white or maybe tan streamers painted on? I was at Oshkosh in 1994 and my wife absolutely LOVED that paint job. I think I have a photo of it somewhere. And I think it is also the one that was in the EAA magazine a few years ago. Sorry I can't help, but the previous poster indicated the name of Hank Anderson, and that does sound familiar.
Let us know if you find it.
Don

Well, I did some nosing around and found that airplane is still here in Eugene, Oregon, and may be in the process of being sold and possibly going to Europe. Looking through the piles of pictures I've taken, I don't see any of that plane. I'll nose around a little more and see if I can get a look at it again and maybe a digital pic.

Bob S