Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Received the tube fF-705 and the hose (NAPA) 9816 from Van's, but hmmmmm....that won't fit this engine that I can tell (Lyc IO-360-M1B). The breather fitting comes out of the engine nearly horizontal, pointed aft and for the life of me I can't see that this will work with the parts I have.

Suggestions? Is there a different fitting that points up (as per OP-27)? Or do people use something different here (I'm also planning on putting an Andair air-oil separater in)?

TIA!

Steve

Hi,

I installed mine on my 8 with a IO-360-M1B but I have to make a lot of diferent bend, not even close to vans instruction. check my pictures at picasa

Steve
I have an -M1B on a -7. Here's a photo of my Andair separator install.
The -M1B breather is pointing in pretty much the right direction for the separator in this FW location..
I'm not sure yet what I will do with the FF-705 tube but I figure I will be able to use some of it.

I have also bought some MIL DTL 6000 Soft Flexible Hose to replace the Van's supplied hose.

Hope that is of some help.

mv4z0k.jpg

p.s. a common position I have seen for the separator is top centre of the FW. My engine (a Mattituck) has a 90 degree oil filter adapter. If I had put the separator FW top centre then I would have had oil breather hose basically wrapped around the oil filter which I though would have made future filter changes more cumbersome. My chosen location gives a much straighter hose run from the engine breather fitting to the separator.

Last edited: