RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
What in cockpit cradles are you guys using for your Ipad 2 and Iphone 2 and more importantly how dow you find them? Pros Cons Likes Dislikes.

Thanks
Rudi

RAM Mounts

I've got RAM mounts for both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. A couple things ... I wanted an iPhone mount that worked with the case "on" so I got the one with adjustable "fingers". I fit the phone and then cut down the fingers a little so they didn't interfere with using the edges of the touch screen. As for the iPad 2, RAM was planning to release a new cradle for the iPad 2 so I pre-ordered it from GPSCity. RAM pulled the new cradle and just added 2little bumpers to the iPad 1 cradle. It works fine but I was a little bummed. The case on my iPad is designed to come off easily so the RAM iPad cradle works fine. With the iPad, you will probably want the 5" arm. The 3" arm is fine for the iPhone.

photo7.jpg

Rudi,

Did you see my install in my RV-10?

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=70735

The ram cradle for the ipad 2 is just the ipad 1 cradle with little stick on rubber pads to make up the difference in thickness, they are only slightly smaller in length and height. This allows just enough room to use the apple smart cover while in the cradle, you just have to notch the cover for the little clip that secures it in the cradle. I used aviation snips and dressed up the edges with a sharpie marker(mines black). It works great.

Last edited:
RAM mount

I also used this mount, with 1" balls & 5" arm. Put the base mount in far right side of instrument panel. Allows lots of articulation. I really like the setup.