vansrv8

Well Known Member
Went to deburr my first and it had a 5/16" crack :(where it was formed on the forward end. Van's replaced with a second and it is also cracked :mad:.
Anyone else have this problem?

Van's is going to get back to me Monday as they were closing for the day. One unnamed employee that I spoke with today said that a bunch of them looked at picture number one and could'nt really tell that it was cracked... I stated that they must be blind :D

Give them credit for fast shipping on the no cost cracked replacement though..

Original :
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Replacement:

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Vans got back to me today. Check those rear fuse lower longerons....

Quote from Vans:

"First thing this a.m, I grabbed some longerons and found very small cracks at the ends. The shop guys are looking at the that, and ways to fix it"

Very prompt service from Van's:)

Just got home from the shop. I checked my longerons which I received in May.
It has a small crack 3/64-1/16 in length, but cracked none the less. I will not need that part for another 8-9 months, but it is good to know Vans is looking into the problem.

Well, you can stop drill that one:) My second longer on crack was just shy of a 1/4" and this is what I did and Van's OK'ed it...

I notified Van and they said to use a rotary file to grind away the crack, being as small as it is. I have already marked the crack. When the time comes I'll whip out my Dremel and get rid of it.