Airhead

Finally got to the dreaded (for me anyway) stage of riveting the forward top skin on. After reading posts and with the help of my wife, a friend, and two tie down straps, it went pretty well. That is until I got to the last several (aft) rivets on each side. Just no way I can figure to get even my small bucking bar behind those. Seems others have come to the same conclusion and use CR3214 cherrymax rivets. According to my measurements this morning, there are actually two lengths required. Where there is just the two skins plus the longeron a CR3214-4-4 works. But where the tabs connecting the top of the vertical angles (fwd and aft of the spar carry thru) connect to the longeron, an extra 1/16" is needed, requiring a 4-6.

I need 2 of each. I know I can get them at GAH but because of min. batch of 10 each plus shipping I'll be paying about 12 bucks a rivet. Would anyone who encountered the same situation be willing to sell me a few.

Thanks,

Pricing

I am home sick with the flue.

The offer is 10 rivets to a package

the most you would have to pay for the package of 10 pieces is $12.24

The webstore may discount some more based on additional items in the cart.

I Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply Tom. Sorry your sick. I've luckily avoided the flu so far this year.

I will likely order them from GAHco. Just thought some extras might be floating out there since most builders seem to need only two or three. Also, if builders measure they will realize there are two different lengths required. The 4-4 are listed on your site as $14 for 10 and the 4-6 are $21. Total of $35 plus assumed $10 shipping. Very fair on your part, but still means $45 for 4 rivets (all I need).

Last edited:
Thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks for the reply Tom. Sorry your sick. I've luckily avoided the flu so far this year.

I will likely order them from GAHco. Just thought some extras might be floating out there since most builders seem to need only two or three. Also, if builders measure they will realize there are two different lengths required. The 4-4 are listed on your site as $14 for 10 and the 4-6 are $21. Total of $35 plus assumed $10 shipping. Very fair on your part, but still means $45 for 4 rivets (all I need).

On my 6 I used about 20 of the -3s, 8 of 4s, and just a few of the -2s.

Most of them where the cabin joins to the tailcone.

I did a slight hand made countersink in already dimpled hole that makes a nice flush surface.

I wish you full success!