rv7charlie

Well Known Member
Just took delivery on a used (ebay) CP-214 squeezer. I tried a 3/32 dimple & it worked, but didn't seem to do it with a lot of 'authority'.

Put flat squeezer dies in it & tried a 1/8" rivet. It wouldn't even deform the rivet enough to keep it in the hole. No squeeze at all. There are no obvious bad leaks, compressor is at just under 120 lbs, the stroke seems smooth without any hanging, the trigger is depressing the valve plunger to flush with the frame.

Is there an obvious, easy fix I'm overlooking, or do I need to complain to the seller?

Thanks,

Charlie

Do you have an adjustable set holder or have you shimmed the sets appropriately? It sometimes take some experimentation to figure out where the sets need to be... ummmm... set.

My squeezer (bought new) won't squeeze a rivet unless the sets are configured correctly.

Just took delivery on a used (ebay) CP-214 squeezer. I tried a 3/32 dimple & it worked, but didn't seem to do it with a lot of 'authority'.

Put flat squeezer dies in it & tried a 1/8" rivet. It wouldn't even deform the rivet enough to keep it in the hole. No squeeze at all. There are no obvious bad leaks, compressor is at just under 120 lbs, the stroke seems smooth without any hanging, the trigger is depressing the valve plunger to flush with the frame.

Is there an obvious, easy fix I'm overlooking, or do I need to complain to the seller?

Thanks,

Charlie
My guess is that you have the rivet set adjusted too close. The squeezer will only squeeze toward the end of the stroke. 80 psi is plenty of pressure.

Last edited:
Also make sure your air pressure is set to 90psi at the squeezer. But RV7Factory is spot on about making sure your set holder is adjusted properly. The squeezer only develops most of it's power at the end of the stroke. If the set is too far apart, the squeezer won't have enough umpfh to get the job done regardless of how you dial up the air pressure.

The squeezer delivers its power in the last 1/8" of its stroke, so if you have it set too far apart it won't complete the set but if you have it too close, it will stall.