Hi All,

Wondering if anyone with a RV8 has the below engine/prop combination:

-Superior IO360
-Cold Air Sump
-Horizontal Air Induction
-Air Flow Performance FM-150 Fuel Injection
-Vetterman exhaust
-Catto 2 or 3 Bladed Prop (fixed pitch)

Here's my question, with the above components, does anyone know which RV8 cowl, preferably the "smooth cowl" (with a snorkel air intake) is available without additional fiberglass work?

I've already done a forum "search". Also, I spoke to Van's Tech Support, however, I wasn't offered any specifics regarding which type of cowl will fit(?)...., Van's recommended I present the question on the forum.

Thanks in advance, please keep responses relative to the proposed question.

Mike Perillo

Last edited:
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone with a RV8 has the below engine/prop combination:

-Superior IO360
-Cold Air Sump
-Horizontal Air Induction
-Air Flow Performance FM-150 Fuel Injection
-Vetterman exhaust
-Catto 2 or 3 Bladed Prop (fixed pitch)

Here's my question, with the above components, does anyone know which RV8 cowl, preferably the "smooth cowl" (with a snorkel air intake) is available without additional fiberglass work?

I've already done a forum "search". Also, I spoke to Van's Tech Support, however, I wasn't offered any specifics regarding which type of cowl will fit(?)...., Van's recommended I present the question on the forum.

Thanks in advance, please keep responses relative to the preposed question.

Mike Perillo

I have that set up, the snorkel required minor work the clear alternator. No big deal.
And yes, it is with smooth cowl.

Last edited:
RE cowl for Superior Fwd Facing Induction..Cold Air Sump..

Yes ..I have similar set up...Silverhawk..
C/S.. etc ...I used a James a/c ram air system....and modified the cowl ...by grafting an intake scoop with alum. intake ring...used the vans smooth cowl..works very well ..hope photo comes thru....

Last edited: