LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
The cowling I received a few years ago -- two? three? I've lost track -- is a kind of greenish/yellow. Some building colleagues at my airport have pink cowlings. I told one building pal that that's because Van's sent the greenish/yellow ones to the men. But now I'm curious. Is there any difference between the two that requires different treatment?

The cowling I received a few years ago -- two? three? I've lost track -- is a kind of greenish/yellow. Some building colleagues at my airport have pink cowlings. I told one building pal that that's because Van's sent the greenish/yellow ones to the men. But now I'm curious. Is there any difference between the two that requires different treatment?
It takes a REAL MAN to wear pink! :D
Regardless of the color, I can't help but say: That is one beautiful plane!
[URL="

I don't think there is any significance in how you prep either type. I do think the pink version may require less sanding due to better molds and/or build process.

There is now a third version. I recently got my RV-10 finish kit. It was a pink cowl with gray primer applied. Unfortunately, I think the blind guy building the shipping crates applied the primer. There are areas that were missed.

If they did a perfect job, what would we have to talk about on VAF! :D