StuBob

Well Known Member
Beating the Fall rush, I'm looking to buy a cowl blanket and canopy cover for my RV7. Searching here, there's talk of a couple of companies that no longer exist and a couple more options (Van's, Cleaveland) that no longer sell covers.

Other than that, I have only found Bruce's, which are really nice IME but they're awfully expensive, and MAC's, which doesn't show any cowl covers on the website.

I need an insulated cowl blanket for keeping the engine warm for several hours in, say, the 20's and above, and a (sliding) canopy cover for occasional rainstorms on the ramp when away from home.

I need cowl plugs, too, but that should be easier to figure out -- maybe even DIY.

Thanks, VAF!

I would give serious consideration to buying a horse blanket. My wife has horses so no shortage of them around here. They fit really well.

I have moving blankets and a comforter (with the Teddy Grahams logo on it, no less), and they’re great for preheating in the hangar. The comforter is soft and smooth — good for the canopy indoors.

But do people really use these solutions on a cold, windy, rainy ramp?