shiney

Well Known Member
Whilst the lovely Mrs Shiney has the sewing machine out making new curtains for our living room I thought I would schmooz up to her to get her to do my airplane covers! Which material do you suggest is best for this job ? it doesn't necessarily have to be waterproof as the plane will be kept inside but needs to be lightweight and maybe a good idea would be with bit of lycra content so it stretches to a snug fit, any ideas? and for those who have made their own covers, any do's and don'ts

Thanks

Martin :)

Last edited:
Since this seems to be a dust cover, perhaps something that's light, is easily washed and doesn't shrink would be appropriate. It would be a plus if it doesn't collect static charge or burn.

I've got some sailboat covers made of Sunbrella, an acrylic. It holds up very well in sunlight - that's its claim to fame - but it's extremely flammable. Because of that, I certainly won't use it on an airplane.

It appears to be...

Since this seems to be a dust cover, perhaps something that's light, is easily washed and doesn't shrink would be appropriate. It would be a plus if it doesn't collect static charge or burn.

I've got some sailboat covers made of Sunbrella, an acrylic. It holds up very well in sunlight - that's its claim to fame - but it's extremely flammable. Because of that, I certainly won't use it on an airplane.

...a standard on many commercial covers....

http://planecover.com/other/colors_page.htm