RV8R999

Well Known Member
Now that I've adjusted the canopy frame and have it sliding back-n-forth I'm noticing there is plenty of clearance on the inside of the frame opposite the skirt to place and alum cover over the frame ribs and possibly filling with a closed cell foam. This would help insulate the cabin, reduce nose (abiet marginally) and vibration. Plus it would look nice (IMHO). Has anyone done this?

Ken

Ken,

I've seen people close out those areas with carpeting (glued to the inside of the skirt), foam and cloth, and aluminum. I've seen folks put aluminum on the bottom half to make little map pockets. Most recently I saw one with aluminum panels with lightening holes cut out of them - looked quite military! This is a nice place to do some custom work - and it shouldn't add much more than a pound. Mine is plane stock, but if I get a nice rainy day and have some material around, I might have to tinker with it....

Paul

less than a can of coke! :)

I think I'll start this process prior to fitting the canopy. Get all the holes drilled and pieces cut to final shape then once the canopy is glued on it'll be a simple job of installing the inside pieces.
Thanks,

Ken